International Master Zhong Liansheng Original Hand-painted Art Ceramics
Zhong Liansheng, male, originally from Pingxiang City, Jiangxi Province, born in October 1944 in Taihe, Jiangxi Province, is the Senior Professor and Master Tutor of Fine Arts School of Jingdezhen Ceramic University, China, a member of Jiangxi Branch of Chinese Artists Association and a senior member of Chinese Arts and Crafts Institute, a powerful scholar artist.
His rich imagination and creativity, as well as his solid painting foundation and theoretical cultivation, established his leading position in the national ceramic painting industry. He is also the holder of the highest auction record for contemporary ceramic paintings in China (12.43 million Yuan for “Autumn Moon Over Han Palace ” in Spring China Guardian Auctions, 2012 ).
Reviewing the development of ceramic art in the world, he proposed the cultural concept of “ceramic painting” that contains possibility and huge development space to become an independent painting category, concerning from the new achievements of Jingdezhen’s contemporary ceramic art development, the cultural and academic level. Over the past two decades, he has done a lot of work for this goal with his own creative practice and theoretical research and has made convincing theoretical contributions to the development of ceramic art in China and the world. Therefore, he is recognized by society as an outstanding omnipotent and scholar type artist.
- Born in October 1944, be skilled in ceramic art and Chinese painting, modern heavy colour painting, comic strip, watercolour painting, sculpture, etc. The “Night Monkey” and “populus euphratica forest” series of ceramic paintings are especially popular with the unique style.
- Graduated from Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute in 1963 (now renamed as Ceramic University). In 1964, when he was 20 years old, he created the traditional Chinese painting “Red Rain Turning into Waves at Will” and participated in the Donghua Regional Art Exhibition. He also published a large number of traditional Chinese paintings, sketches and illustrations.
- In the mid and late 1980s, he held a “Mainland Modern Ink Painting Exploration Exhibition” in Taiwan together with famous painters such as Zhou Sicong and Wang Mingming from the Beijing Painting Institute and published an album.
- Attended the Art Exhibition for the 60th Anniversary of the founding of the PLA with the creation of relief sculpture “Military Soul”.
- In 1989, 45 pieces of ceramic paintings were exhibited at the “Yundong Gallery” in the United States.
- Watercolour paintings were exhibited at the Hangzhou “Chinese Watercolor Painting Exhibition” in the early 1990s.
- Created a large mural for the New Fourth Army Memorial, “Jianghuai Heroes”, with an inscription by President Jiang Zemin.
- Lectured in Japan as a visiting scholar for one year.
- From 1996 to 1997, created a large-scale comprehensive mural “Beijing-Kowloon Feelings” for Jiangxi Hall of the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.
- Author of preface for ceramic volume 3 of the large cultural series “Complete Works Of Modern Chinese Fine Arts” of the central propaganda department.
- Published nearly 30 academic papers in art publications at home and abroad.
- Wrote a long commentary for the national key large-scale album ” “Eight Ceramic Artists of Zhushan” ” in the early 21st century.
- The holder of the highest auction record for contemporary ceramic paintings in China (12.43 million Yuan for “Autumn Moon Over Han Palace ” in Spring China Guardian Auctions, 2012 ) till present.
- In 2014, the article “Leading the Development of World Ceramic Art with the Advantages of Chinese Special Culture” was published in Social Sciences In China Press, Art Newspaper, World Affairs Pictorial and other important newspapers.
- From May 1 to May 30, 2014 and from October 1 to October 30, 2015, professor Zhong Liansheng and his ceramic paintings were introduced on the large screen of Tiananmen Square on two consecutive days and nights.
- In Spring China Guardian Auctions 2016, the works “Three thousand years of populus euphratica forest” and “Sounds of Nature” won the top 1 and 2 of the auction ceramics category with 9.2 million Yuan and 5.75 million Yuan respectively.
Three thousand years of populus euphratica forest
Sounds of Nature
- On September 29, 2016, “Porcelain Reputation in China-First Ceramic Painting Biennale and Academic Seminar” was held ceremoniously in Beijing Songzhuang Zhong Liansheng Ceramic Painting Research Institute as the ceramic sub-venue of Songzhuang Art Festival. Among them, the academic seminar after the opening ceremony is the most authoritative one on ceramic painting in recent years.
- At the Jingdezhen International Art and Ceramics Auction Preview 2017, a wonderful lecture entitled “China-Problems and Trends in Jingdezhen Ceramic Art Development” was given to many ceramic lovers, collectors and practitioners present.
- In 2018, Zhong Liansheng’s newly created work “Singing All the Way and Gold All the Way” was collected by the one owner of Nanchang Antique City for 5 million Yuan.
Zhong Liansheng has a variety of artistic techniques, exquisite skills, rich creative themes and broad artistic vision. He has a thorough grasp of the traditional art with excellent craftsmanship in characters, landscapes, flowers and birds, animals; also digested with western traditional art and modern art; took in-depth study and extensive absorption of Chinese folk art. applied the modelling skills developed from sketching and sketching, and with handy traditional painting skills, combined the light colour effects of western watercolour painting and oil painting, combining the quintessence of folk art and the spirit of modern art into one, blending the essence of Chinese and western art into his own style. Realism, deformation, abstraction and other forms can be taken and controlled freely.
The artistic categories of his works can be divided into 8 categories: ceramics, murals, heavy colour paintings, traditional Chinese paintings, watercolours, sketches, sketches and calligraphy. Among them, ceramics is its main artistic field, which can be subdivided into nine series: night scene series, populus euphratica forest series, abstract series, cattle herding series, ladies series, cock series, baby drama series, painted in underglaze blue series and ceramic sculpture series.
- Night scene series
Monkey bridge in cloud
Pluck the moon out of the sky
Valley spring song
A Night mooring by maple bridge
- Populus euphratica forest series
Entering populus euphratica forest
A thousand miles of dust
Ode to the populus euphratica forest
- Images series
Dark blue sky yellow earth
- Oxherding series
Wind blows across hometown river